My body shape is that of a goblet:
The under carriage of a goblet has “a case of the no’s”: no waist, no buttocks, no hips, no thighs. So a straight shape suits best, with a flare at the bottom to match the “flare” a goblet has at the top (yes, I mean breasts/shoulders):
Some details: pockets. In this one I made one continuous pocket running from one side to the other:
The inner side is not from the shell fabric but from an old pillow case. The underside of the pocket is shell fabric. The skirt has a zipper. My sewing teacher taught me the blind zipper. It went all very well until the very last, when I folded down the waist band to sew in the ditch from the right side. I was afraid I would not catch the inner side of it so I took a larger SA on the outside then the inside. I forgot I had already determined where the SA from the outside should be when I attached the zipper. Secondly I did not match the folding of the waist band from the front panel to the back panel, around the zipper:
Oh well. It really was the last 30 minutes of sewing when I made these mistakes. The rest is good, both inside and out.
I’m very glad to have a good basic pattern now. I’ll trace the parts on sturdy carton and it will be a go to pattern.
This one is in sturdy canvas so I can use it a lot and use it hard.